Scientific Collaborator in Research Programs of Foreign Educational Institutions
- International Lithosphere Programme, Task II “New tectonic causes of volcano failure and possible premonitory signals” Sc.Resp.: Prof. Alessandro Tibaldi (Dept. Geological Science and Geotechnologies, University of Milan-Bicocca).
- IGCP project: “Exploring relationships between hydrothermal ore genesis, volcanism and tectonics at unstable volcanoes” proposed by As.Prof. Alexandru Szakács, As.Prof. Ferenc Molnár, Prof. Alessandro Tibaldi, Dr. Edgardo Canon-Tapia, Dr. Daniel R. Tormey, Prof. Prof. Koichiro Watanabe (proposed 2009-2012).
- IGCP 521: Caspian-Black Sea-Mediterranean Corridor during the last 30kyr: Sea level change and human adaptive strategies.
- INQUA 501: Black Sea-Mediterranean Corridor during the last 30kyr: Sea level change and human adaptation. Prof. Dr. Valentina Yanko-Hombach, Ukraine, Canada & Prof. Yucel Yilmaz, Turkey.
- “New Frontiers in Ocean Exploration 2010”. The Institute for Exploration (IFE), Ocean Exploration Trust (OET) and University of Rhode Island (URI) Center for Ocean Exploration and Archaeological Oceanography (COEAO) in collaboration with University of Athens, HCMR and IGME. Prof. Steve Carey (URI), Prof. Robert Ballard (IFE), Katherine Croff Bell (COEAO).
- “New Frontiers in Ocean Exploration 2011”. The Institute for Exploration (IFE), Ocean Exploration Trust (OET) and University of Rhode Island (URI) Center for Ocean Exploration and Archaeological Oceanography (COEAO) in collaboration with University of Athens (Co-Chief Scientist).
- Research Project: «Capturing a new episode of unrest at Santorini volcano, Greece». (2011).The organisation that is funding the Research project is NERC (Natural Environment Research Council). Cooperative Universities: Department of Earth Sciences-University of Oxford, U.K. (Prof. David Pyle, Prof. Barry Parsons), Faculty of Geology and Geoenvironment-University of Athens, NTUA, Department of Civil Engineering-University of Patras, Institute of Geodynamics-National Observatory of Athens.
- ARSF Research Project, 2012: Capturing ongoing deformation and degassing at Santorini volcano, Greece. Principal Investigator: Prof. David Pyle, Dept.of Earth Sciences, University of Oxford. Collaborators: Dept.of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol, Dept. of Geology and Geoenvironment, University of Athens.
- Eurofleet Proposal: “CALDERA 2012”: The use of «Girona 500» AUV to explore the hydrothermal vent field of Santorini Caldera. PIs: Dr. Javier Escartin (CNRS/IPGP) και Dr. Pere Ridao (UdG). Participants: CNRS/IPGP, University of Girona, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Université Paris Didérot, University of Athens, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- IPGP BQR Proposal-2012: Current inflation of the Santorini Caldera: Monitoring of seafloor deformation and hydrothermal activity. PI: Javier Escartin. Collaborators: HCMR, University of Athens, University of Girona, University of Lyon.
- Erasmus Intensive Progrmames (2013): “Field classical and new methodologies for geological hazard assessment. PI: Prof. Alessandro Tibaldi, University of Milan-Bicocca.
- Exploration of the Caribbean Region, Nautilus Programme 2013. PI: Prof. Steven Carey, OET & Graduate School of Oceanography.
- ODEMAR (Oceanic Detachments at the Mid-Atlantic Ridge): Structure, origin, evolution and links with oceanic lithospheric accretion, 2013. PI: Dr. Javier Escartin, IPGP.
- Azoren Plateau (Cruise M113) 2014-2015. PI: Prof. Christian Hubscher, Univ. of HAMBURG.
- HADES: Hazards in the Aegean: in-Depth Experiment to Study Tectonic Structure and Seismicity Activity, 2015. PI: Dr. Cesar Renaro, Univ. of Barcelona.
- NSF project: Crustal magma plumbing of the Santorini volcanic System, 2015. PI: Prof. Emillie Hooft, Oregon University.
© 2015 All rights reserved | Designed by othon@s