Distinctions & Awards
- During my undergraduate studies, in the Department of Geology, I received the State scholarship Foundation (SSF) distinction due to my outstanding performance in the 3rd and 4th year courses.
- I obtain the certificate of distinction from the Hellenic Geological Association for my outstanding performance among the graduates of the Department of Geology in The University of Athens for the academic year 1997-1998.
- Scholar of the State scholarship Foundation (SSF) for the dissertation of a Ph.D in the field of “Marine Geodynamic” (Nov.1997).
- Oriented Research Fellowship Program organized by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology.
- TMR GRANT at the 2ο Euroconference: Volcanic risk, prevention, protection and management Catania, under the announcement title: “Monitoring of Geodynamic activity at Nisyros: the eastern edge of the Aegean Volcanic Arc.” Sicily, October, 1998.
- TMR GRANT at the Euro conference IIASCA in Laxenburg Austria: “Global change and Catastrophe Risk Management: Earthquake Risks in Europe” with presented subject: Geodynamic aspects of the seismic activity during 1996-1998 in the Nisyros volcano, Aegean Sea, Greece.
- TMR GRANT in IUGG, July 2003, Sapporo, Japan, Topic: «Variating modes of submarine volcanism within the Kos-Nisyros volcanic field».
- TMR GRANT in William Smith Meeting 2011: Remote Sensing of volcanoes & Volcanic processes: integrating observation & modeling, in London (4-5/10/2011). Geological Society, Topic «Volcanic Hazard in the Kolumbo Submarine Volcanic Zone NE of Santorini Island».
- TMR GRANT in ESF-COST High-Level Research Conference Understanding Extreme Geohazards: The Science of the Disaster Risk Management Cycle27 November - 2 December 2011 Saint Feliu de Guixols, Spain.
- Graduate Faculty status στο Department of Geosciences του University of Rhode Island, USA, March 2011.
- GRANT award for European Geosciences Union (EGU 2012) 22-27 April-Vienna for attending Session NH3.9 "Submarine Landslides: Mechanisms, Processes and their Sedimentary Record".
- GRANT award for European Geosciences Union (EGU 2013) 7-12 April-Vienna for attending Session GM8.2/GD2.10/TS4.5 "Seafloor-and Subseafloor Expression of Tectonic and Geomorphic Processes".
- Award in the framework of “Bilateral agreement between Education Ministries of Turkey & Greece in 2015”.
- Award of the best Geologist (2017) who was born in Santorini from the “Large families Association of Santorini”.
- Award in the framework of “Bilateral agreement between Education Ministries of Hungary & Greece in 2017”.
- Tempus Kozalapitvany Award 2017 (Hungarian Scholarship).
- ATHENS ACADEMY AWARD 2017 for the best paper (Nomikou et al, 2016-NatCom) which promotes the geology of Greece (Konstantinos Ktenas award).
© 2015 All rights reserved | Designed by othon@s